Where are the most effective locations to place your home security cameras in Hoover? Generally, there are three major regions of your property for video protection: your front door, the exterior space around your home, and key interior rooms. Even though your installation team can recommend where you should begin, here's a quick guide of where to place your home security cameras at your home.
Don’t Forget To Protect Your Front Door
Even though it might seem absurd that an intruder would make an effort to just enter through primary entrance, 34% of intrusions occur at this obvious access point. You can also count package thieves among other risks to think about. A video doorbell is ideal to manage these possibilities with an HD, wide angle lens.
Doorbell surveillance is nice as you can chat with any visitors who come and engage the doorbell. Through your mobile application, like ADT Control, you can respond to all engagements with 2-way talk and real-time footage and give the impression you’re on site. In the event someone begins doing something nefarious, you are able to have your camera capture footage and send it to your cell phone with a text message.
Cover The Most Area With Your Outdoor Cameras
Figuring out where to place home security cameras on the exterior of your home is a more challenging assignment. Thankfully, there are a handful of recommendations to make sure your property is defended properly.
- The corners of your Hoover residence allow for a better field-of-view, seeing two segments of your exterior.
- Right under an eave or into a length of siding or exterior trim are ideal locations for security cameras as they will be somewhat hidden by the edge of your house.
- Above your garage, since the garage door is an easier passageway for intruders than you may know!
- Above a back porch or back door -- or any entryway that can’t be seen from the sidewalk.
To make sure these locations are successful, make sure you cut back any bushes or tree limbs that might obstruct your view.
Tips To Get The Best Results From Your Indoor Cameras
You have a wider range of choices on where to place home security cameras inside your residence in Hoover. But the additional versatility means you have additional aspects to think about:
- Windows and Sunlight: Even though you should be certain your windows are closed and locked, the natural light through a window might cause glare and affect your video recording. Aim the front of your camera away from any direct views of windows to eliminate this problem.
- Utilize Height: In the same fashion as an observation deck, a security camera located in a higher spot will produce a more panoramic view. You might situate your cameras at the top of bookshelves or mounted on a corner or ceiling.
- Prevent Access by Children and Pets: Your camera won’t be able to protect you if it’s broken. Place your indoor units in locations where little ones and house pets have no ability to interact with them. You might consider mounting or a different method to secure them to make sure they don’t crash to the ground if accidentally bumped.
- Houseplants and Decor: The greatest security camera won’t help you much if you’ve got a houseplant blocking the view. However, decor or foliage may be a perfect way to cloak your security equipment. Just make sure they don’t obscure the lens!
Have Secure24 Alarm Systems Install And Place Your Home Security Cameras
If you want the right placement of your home security cameras and additional security components, turn to the professionals at Secure24 Alarm Systems. We’ll find the right package for your whole house -- safeguarding all areas. Simply contact (205) 203-0764 or complete the following form to start your project.