Home security cameras can easily be placed as a deterrent—something that informs criminals or intruders that “we see you.” Or you can optimize your video surveillance to bolster your home’s defenses.
Luckily, the latest security cameras arrive armed with an array of additions all built to enable all-encompassing protection for your residence. Whether it’s 2-way talk and recording capabilities or infrared night vision and lightning-quick motion detection, these features empower you to have the most from video surveillance in Hoover.
How To Set Up Your Hoover Home Security Cameras For Premiere Protection
The first step to optimizing your home security cameras is mounting the components in the right places around your living space. Indoor security cameras work best when placed in high traffic areas such as the kitchen or family room. It’s also a good move to set a camera pointed at main entryways, stairs, or other common areas criminals would have to pass to get to the rest of your home. Exterior security cameras work best to provide a clear view of your front door, drive, front and patio, garage, and other exterior detached buildings, like sheds. And you can easily see a view of your front porch via a subtle doorbell camera.
There are places inside your home that aren’t quite as important to watch such as bedrooms, bathrooms, and cellars. Privacy for you and your guests needs to be a major consideration prior to mounting a camera in a bedroom.. You can always add window or motion sensors if you need a measure of security in bedrooms.
Innovations That Enhance Security Cameras
Device layout is only the first step in extracting the all you can out of home security cameras in Hoover. The features described below help to elevate security and boost overall home safety.
- Motion detection: Get instant notifications on your smart device the instant unusual motion is sensed. You can also configure cameras to start filming when activity is discovered which will add to camera recording time.
- Storage and recording: Set your video surveillance to capture footage and back up clips to the cloud for easy playback later.
- Two-way talk: Most of current security cameras feature a built-in intercom and speaker so you can actually converse with anyone through the camera. Via ADT Control, you can give the illusion that you’re inside or welcome your kids as they arrive back from school.
- Field of view: Field of view is a term for how much a camera can see, and gives you a more comprehensive look at what where you want to protect. Look for cameras that have a minimum of 120° angle lens or that can pan in a wide arc for complete visibility.
- Dark vision: Make sure your security cameras come with either infrared or LED sensors that can capture clips of night-time activity.
- Activity zones: To make security updates more targeted, create activity zones. For example, you can tell your outdoor camera to alert you of movement taking place on your yard or your patio and ignore cars passing or foot traffic.
- Security app: app, like ADT Control®, allow you to view live camera footage, direct cameras, toggle on and off the system, and record events. Most importantly, the app can send up-to-date alerts when the see unusual motion around your house.
Get Your Video Surveillance Today
Getting the most out of your home security cameras in Hoover is easier. From rapid motion detection to 2-way audio, your security system rises from just a deterrent to an impenetrable defense. Call (205) 203-0764 or fill out the form below to start building your home security and camera system today.