How Can Geofencing In Hoover Enhance A Home Security System?
Modern home security solutions are getting more advanced by the day. But, unfortunately, it’s still easy to fail to perform easy security duties like turning on your a home security system, lowering the garage door, or even securing your front door.
How would you feel if you didn’t have to concern yourself with these things ever again? When you implement geofencing in Hoover, you don’t have to.
What is Geofencing In Hoover For Home Security Systems?
Geofencing draws a virtual perimeter around your property, which you can set up in your smart security app. This convenient tool then utilizes your cell phone to see when you go beyond the border and then initiates pre-programmed actions or notifications.
How Is Geofencing Possible?
Geofencing functions through z-wave, a protocol for wireless communications that smart devices take advantage of to communicate with one another. The technology assists your home security by putting all devices onto the same network. You are then able to draw a unique boundary around your house and designate particular actions if you move beyond the specified border.
For instance, as soon as you pull away from your property, you may instruct your security system to lock doors, lower the garage door, and arm your alarms. Conversely, when you arrive home for the evening, geofencing could be set to alert your system to disable the alarm, elevate the garage door, brighten first-floor lights, and even change your your home’s comfort levels.
Below are several of the technologies you may control with geofencing:
● Smart lighting and plugs
● Smart thermostats
● Surveillance cameras and your system’s alarm
● Various electronics including TVs or appliances
● Overhead doors
Schedules, Scenes, And Geofencing Are Available In ADT Control
Geofencing is one of the many ways you can utilize your property’s security system in Hoover. When accessing the ADT Control app, you are able to make the most of home automation. In a few easy touches of your phone, and you have the opportunity to:
● Set schedules: arrange your smart devices to operate at predetermined times. Instruct your lighting to lower to signal that it's time for bed, or disarm your home’s alarm when you get up.
● Control device interactions: Make certain equipment come alive in response to a triggered event. Direct your thermostat to turn on the connected fan if a smoke detector goes off. Or illuminate your smart bulb in the hallway if your surveillance system notices abnormal activity around your property.
● Preprogram scenes: Make room and event scenes with various smart components that all act in concert with each other. Make your lights turn off, the thermostat go down, and the smart door locks engage at the end of the day. Or customize a scene for a movie marathon with the right light and thermostat adjustments.
● Take advantage of geofencing: It's easy to forget to enable your alarm system when you're running late for work. With geofencing capability and your smartphone, you don’t have to worry about forgetting to arm the system and put down the garage door.
Take Advantage Of Geofencing in Hoover
Whether you’re looking for additional peace-of-mind of a safe, secure home whenever you leave or you wish to automate your smart home technology, geofencing can help. Talk to one of our knowledgeable team members today at (205) 203-0764 or complete the following form to get started on your perfect security system.